The Illinois High School Lacrosse Association is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization
which serves the coaches, parents and athletic directors of Illinois high schools
with boy's lacrosse teams.
- The IHSLA provides a league structure which allows schools
to schedule intra-state contests at three levels of play (Frosh/Soph, JV and Varsity).
- The IHSLA organizes and conducts a state championship tournament
for two classes of competition.
- The IHSLA supports schools with new or fledgling lacrosse programs
by helping to organize competitve contests and tournaments.
- The IHSLA, in conjunction with other organizations, conducts
coaching clinics for new lacrosse coaches.
- The IHSLA screens and selects players for All-Conference, All-State,
US Lacrosse All-American and US Lacrosse Academic All-American awards.
- The IHSLA sponsors an Illinois All-Star game after the end
of the spring season to bring the best players from the state together to showcase
their skills in a fun, spirit-filled environment.
- The IHSLA is an active participant in the drive to get boy's
lacrosse sanctioned as an official sport by the Illinois High School Association
8/31/2009 Meeting Minutes
9/19/2011 Meeting Minutes
Rich Martin, Lacrosse America
John Vetter, Illinois Lax Referee Association
Pete Ducato, Rock Valley Officials Association
to contact us.